We are proud to announce that Taylor Made’s Finance Director, Joe Jeffers has been identified as one of the top 10 highest achieving and most talented FDs in the region, after being nominated for the Central South Mid Market’s Top 10 Finance Directors.
The role of the Finance Director continues to evolve, becoming ever more strategic, value driven and future focused. As part of its Central South Mid Market Campaign, BDO is partnering with CMA Recruitment Group to discover what it takes to be a successful finance director and to identify the most talented and high-achieving among those working in privately owned companies based in the Central South.
Malcolm Thixton, Partner at BDO in Southampton comments “Against an economic backdrop of rapid change and uncertainty, the role of the finance director continues to evolve, becoming ever more strategic, value-driven and focused on the future. We want to recognise those future-fit FDs that are stepping up to the challenge.”
Richard Dibden, Commercial Director at CMA Recruitment Group “In addition to juggling multiple priorities and often making difficult judgment calls, the ability to get along with people and influence them is a key skill. Any FD will need to work with a wide range of stakeholders who have different interests and priorities and the ability to translate complex issues in a simple, straightforward way is essential.”
Joe has been nominated due to his exceptional performance in the following areas:
- Leadership and management skills
- Contribution to the performance and growth of the business
- Demonstrable financial accountability
- Effective contribution to strategic direction
- A passion for the business and making a wider contribution to the community
The top ten FDs will now be interviewed before three finalists are selected. The Central South Mid Market FD of the Year will then be announced at a gala dinner on 22 February 2018.
Central South Mid Market’s Top 10 Finance Directors:
- Tim Coomer, Finance Director – R&M Electrical Group
- Alan Cooper, Finance Director – Liberty Leasing
- Joe Jeffers, Finance Director – Taylor Made Computer Systems
- Ben Jones, Chief Financial Officer – Natures Way Foods
- Mike Lashmar, Finance Director – RB Sport & Leisure Holdings
- David Mann, Finance Director – McCarthy & Stone Management Services
- David Mellor, Finance Director – Porvair Filtration Group
- Tony Prest, Finance Director – Oil Spill Response
- Dagne Taylor, Finance Director – Osprey Europe
- Paul Winter, Group Finance Director – Red Funnel Group
* alphabetical by surname