Taylor Made Computer Solutions is delighted to have won Best Business for The News’ We Can Do It community awards.
As a winner we will now be invited to receive our award at a special celebration, held in the Mayor of Portsmouth’s banqueting room at the Guild Hall on Monday, November 27th.
Nigel Taylor, Managing Director of Taylor Made Computer Solutions, said: “We are thrilled to have won Best Business at The News’ We Can Do It community awards. It is very unexpected and we are truly grateful for being recognised for all our efforts fundraising for Wessex Cancer Trust this year.”
To raise £15,000 for Wessex Cancer Trust, 20 members of Taylor Made climbed 3 mountains in 24 hours. The team spent 9 months training for the challenge by clocking up 700 miles on long walks up Buster Hill, Brecon Beacons and even Snowdon.
Taylor Made also held a number of fundraising events and activities such as; Sainsbury’s bucket collection, a music night at Portsmouth Guildhall, numerous bake sales and more.
Nigel Taylor, also said: “The Three Peaks Challenge was something we were very proud to be apart of and raising such a huge amount of money for a wonderful charity is something that will stick with us as a company for a very long time.”
Best Business Finalists
- Don Claudio restaurant in Portsmouth served up a special Italian meal at The Avenue care home in Fareham for an ‘Italian Day’.
- David Wilson Homes took part in Macmillan’s ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ across the region, raising more than £450 for charity.
- Hi-Lites Hair and Beauty Salon hosted a summer fair at Milton Junior School, raising almost £1,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- With a staff member’s brother suffering from four brain tumours, Erin’s Nail and Beauty Salon in Fareham held a cake sale for Brain Tumour Research.
- Taylor Made Computer Solutions in Fareham raised £15,000 in the Three Peaks Challenge.
- Portsmouth Business Exchange raised over £2,400 for Music Fusion at a charity breakfast.
We are truly overwhelmed to have been shortlisted, we would like to wish all of the finalists the very best of luck.