GDPR – Roundtable Event
May 3 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Taylor Made Computer Solutions will be hosting a GDPR roundtable event on Thursday, 3rd May at 2:30pm – 5pm at the Porsche Centre in Lakeside Business Park.
There has been a considerable amount of work done by many businesses in readiness for the advent of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25th May 2018. There is a vast amount of material freely available about GDPR but it tends (inevitably) to be rather general.
There is no “one size fits all” with the GDPR so Taylor Made Computer Solutions are joining forces with Thrings Solicitors to provide an opportunity for a more in depth discussion and to raise those concerns which the general information has not resolved. Thrings’ partner, Mary Chant, a solicitor and GDPR specialist, is spending much of her time resolving detailed GDPR queries from clients and will share with you the issues which are arising as well as addressing other questions you may have.
2:30pm – Arrival and registration
2:45pm – Introductions
3pm – Open forum to discuss current concerns including:
- What does the “legitimate interests” basis of processing cover?
- Can I rely on “consent” which I already have?
- Can I still use my current mailing lists?
4pm – Continue to discuss the following:
- What do I need to do about the organisations which host my data
- What do I need to do if my data is going outside the EU?
- How do I deal with data relating to children?
- When does the “right to be forgotten” apply?
5pm – Close
With limited space only, on a first come first served basis, please register your interest below: (only 25 spaces available)