Peach Technologies and Taylor Made Computer Solutions are proud to announce that we will be hosting various events in aid of Mental Health Awareness Week (13th-17th May 2019) to raise money for SANE- a leading UK mental health charity.
SANE was established in 1986 to improve the quality of life for people affected by mental illness following the overwhelming public response to a series of articles published in The Times entitled The Forgotten Illness. SANE has three main objectives:
- To raise awareness and combat stigma about mental illness, educating and campaigning to improve mental health services.
- To provide care and emotional support for people with mental health problems, their families and carers as well as information for other organisations and the public.
- To initiate research into the causes and treatments of serious mental illness such as schizophrenia and depression and the psychological and social impact of mental illness.
Please visit their website for more information on how they help people with mental health issues: http://www.sane.org.uk/
Peach and Taylor Made will be hosting a whole week of activities to increase the awareness of mental health amongst staff and to also raise money that include:
- Monday: We will be kicking off the week with pastries in the breakout room for staff to enjoy.
- Tuesday: To burn off those calories we will be doing a 2.5k lunchtime walk around the lakes in Whiteley to help get staff active and motivated.
- Wednesday: We will be cooking up a storm with our legendary bake sale, where a variety of delicious food, both savoury and sweet will be served.
- Thursday: Cycle day! We have kindly been given an exercise bike for the day from Everyone Active and for every mile cycled, the company will be donating £1.
- Friday: We are finishing the week with an ice cream van arriving during lunchtime and refreshments in the breakout room at the end of the day.
Throughout the week, we will also be hosting a variety of training sessions and music lessons to enable our staff to learn something new. Leaflets will be available to staff to help gain insight into mental health issues. The Solent Hotel have kindly donated free spa passes to make sure staff are able to relax at the end of a busy week! Plus LUSH cosmetics company and The Body Shop have kindly provided the team with some free samples.
As a business, we support local charities with dress down days at the end of every month and bake sales on a regular basis, but we feel it is also very important to support the national charities when weeks such as Mental Health Awareness Week are taking place. Not only can we give back to an amazing cause, but we can also educate our staff on how to build awareness of mental health, look after themselves and others.
DONATE: We have set up a just giving page for Mental Health Awareness Week and would be so grateful for any donations, no matter how big or small. All proceeds will go straight to SANE. Please visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/peach-technologies-taylor-made-computer-solutions to donate.