Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Department: Service Operations
Responsible to: Technical Director
Location: Fareham Head Office
Overview: The Technical Support Manager is an integral part of the Management Team and has responsibility for the management of the Service Operations department. The role will combine the need to lead the team, as well as mentor and develop the team to deliver a high quality service to our customers. The individual in this role will be expected to act as the central operational support contact to the business, to work with customers as well as other departments to deliver excellent customer service that exceeds expectations.
Who We Are: Peach Technologies and Taylor Made Computer Solutions is one of the UK’s leading IT and communications services providers. Together the enhanced group combines market-leading connectivity, mobile, telephony services, and IT services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of management of ServiceDesk, Field Engineering and Workshop teams in accordance with the standards and values of the Business;
- Responsible for allocating resources to meet business and customer needs, in line with specified SLA’s and KPI’s and to deliver excellent customer service;
- Creating and maintaining high standards of service excellence across all teams, including working with the Management Team to deliver excellence across the business;
- Recruit, develop and retain team members to deliver services across all customers. Develop and maintain training programmes for all employees, including coaching and mentoring;
- Forecasting required resource levels to match anticipated and actual business and customer needs, whilst still optimising business efficiency and profitability;
- Ensure one-to-one meetings conducted on regular basis with all team members, completing appraisals including setting, monitoring and managing SMART objectives;
- Maintain service levels by monitoring and managing quality and customer service standards; collaborate with the account management team and other relevant departments to ensure service excellence delivered;
- Ensure all customer queries are managed and resolved in collaboration with the Account Management team;
- Ensure that service delivery to customers across customer base meets standards required including achieving agreed and contracted SLA’s and performance criteria;
- Agreeing, then ensuring delivery of, individual customer SLA’s and performance criteria, and assisting with customer contractual negotiations where appropriate;
- Ensure customer reporting is relevant, and delivered in accordance with customer requirements. Collaborating with relevant departments to ensure customers’ needs are effectively communicated, managed and delivered;
- Develop, implement and maintain KPI’s, and report to the Board on a regular basis against SLA’s and KPI’s;
- Increase efficiency and productivity to achieve and exceed SLA’s, KPI’s and profitability targets;
- Establish and track progress against strategic goals using relevant business information;
- In line with ISO standards, ensure that all process and procedures are reviewed, maintained and updated where appropriate and are in line with business strategy
- Ensure all activities are aligned with ITIL procedures
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
- Demonstrable experience of working at management level within a ServiceDesk environment
- Proven and relevant experience of managing teams, developing teams and providing relevant growth and training programmes, including ability to coach and mentor where appropriate
- Experience of deploying new systems and applications, and optimising their use
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering customer service excellence across a range of customer bases
- Demonstrable and sound technical skills in all relevant areas
- Strong understanding and technical background working in an MSP environment
- Demonstrable experience of keeping up-to-date with IT trends and developments using knowledge to increase revenue across customer base
- Experience of implementing change and change management and sound knowledge of Quality Standards relevant to the industry
Strong understanding of the following:
- Professional Services Automation (Autotask ideal)
- Citrix Technologies and Solutions
- VMware support experience
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Server and Workstation)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
Highly numerate and literate with ability to communicate across all levels of a business, especially at Board level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service delivery
- Delegation, management and leadership skills
- Good organisational skills – flexible approach and ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Focused and goal orientated
- Self motivated and proactive
- Ability to be resilient and to work under pressure
Taylor Made understand the importance of delivering support on time — Portsmouth NHS Trust Taylor Made Computer Solutions have proven themselves to be a strategic IT partner for our team at Portsmouth NHS trust and we have started to see the benefits of such an arrangement.
Our business is better as a result of using Taylor Made's services. — Absolute Calibration Ltd Taylor Made has never let our business down. Whatever we challenge them with, they always find an effective way to provide the service.
Taylor Made have been our IT provider for a while now. — Active Nation Taylor Made are trustworthy, reliable and honest. How often can you say that about your IT provider?
Our company data is in good hands thanks to Taylor Made. — Liberty Leasing Securo Backup and Recovery has been a God send! No more coming into the office at weekends, Christmas and holidays to change tapes. We are so glad it is no longer something we have to worry about.
Taylor Made has really helped our business over the years. — Brendoncare Foundation Securo Backup & Recovery has enabled us to remove the need to keep changing backup tapes and storing them. It has also sped up the time needed to recover a document if required.
Working with Taylor Made was the best decision we made. — PHVC Ltd They are a well run, friendly company with expertise and interest in the products they supply. They are such a great business.
A really helpful and brilliant service provided. — UK Wide Leisure CompanyMatts visit to us yesterday at the outdoor sports centre was brilliant. He came in to setup some laptops for us. He was very helpful, made sure everything was working 100% before he left also took away a few actions to complete which he couldn't do whilst on site.
Taylor Made have provided excellent support for our IT requirements. — Marchwood Power Taylor Made proposed, designed and implemented SharePoint for our complex and demanding documentation but this is proving to be a great success in both its speed and flexibility.
In partnering with Taylor Made, life has become very dull! — Dartmouth General Contractors We really like the flexibility that Office 365 provides. It enables us to scale to our business demands and provides a consistent set of applications across our staff base, despite their location. Having worked with TMCS for many years, we took their recommendation to move to 365 with the confidence that TMCS can efficiently backup and support the environment.
Taylor Made were there to ensure we could function as a business again. — Khan Morris Accountants The fire was a very stressful time for us, but the detailed planning and hands-on approach from Taylor Made was critical and very important to the success of our business's relocation and IT system set up.
A high level of support is achieved from the staff at Taylor Made. — Coffin Mew LLP Taylor Made designed and implemented our infrastructure as well as providing support, training and strategic advice. There has been strong customer service and quality which we see at all levels within Taylor Made.
A lot has changed in the ten years we have been working together. — Beaulieu Enterprises We are delighted that with Taylor Made's help we have always been one step ahead of the game, which has made a positive impact on our services to visitors.
Taylor Made's staff are extremely kind and really good company. — Liberty Leasing Plc Some of the engineers from Taylor Made visited our office and did a great job, and made a fast turnaround for us. They cracked on and were extremely friendly.
First Time Fix
The SupportDesk on average resolve 94% of all tickets within 4 hours without the need to escalate them to our 2nd line engineers.